When you're a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas plan member, you take your health care benefits with you — across the country and around the world — through the BlueCard program.
Within the United States
Always carry your current ID card for easy reference and access to service.
- In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital.
- To find nearby doctors and hospitals, access the Find a Doctor or Hospital tool or call BlueCard Access at 1-800-810-BLUE.
- Call your Blue® Plan for pre-certification or prior authorization, if necessary. Refer to the phone number on the back of your card.
- When you arrive at a participating doctor's office or hospital, simply present your plan ID card. If you are a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) member, the doctor will recognize the PPO Suitcase logo, which will ensure you will get the PPO level of benefits.
- You shouldn’t have to complete any claims forms or pay up front for medical services other than the usual out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, copayment, coinsurance and non-covered services).
Around the world
- Through the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core program, you have access to doctors and hospitals around the world.
- Always carry your health plan ID card when you travel or live outside the United States.
- Follow the same simple process you would within the United States, with these exceptions:
- In most cases, you shouldn’t need to pay up front for inpatient care at Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core hospitals. You’re responsible for the usual out-of-pocket expenses (non-covered services, deductible, copayment and coinsurance). The hospital should submit your claim.
You pay the doctor or hospital for inpatient care at non-Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core hospitals, outpatient hospital care and other medical services. You can submit your claim online or through the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core mobile app. You can also download and complete an international claim form and send it to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Service Center.
View or download our program flyer to learn more about Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global is a brand owned by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.